When you have a tooth injury or are experiencing oral pain, you need a reliable dentist who can see you right away. If you live near New Braunfels, TX, trust our team at Sapphire Creek Dental when you need emergency dentistry. We welcome patients who need urgent dental care and strive to see patients the same day if possible. If you or a family member have a dental emergency, call us first.
Some dental issues need immediate attention. If you have a severe toothache or an accident involving a tooth, you should see a dentist right away. Many people rely on hospital emergency rooms for all their emergencies. When it involves dental emergencies, most hospital emergency rooms or medical urgent care facilities do not have the equipment or staff trained in dentistry needed to address most dental problems. In many situations, pain management will be the main priority, and you will be advised to see a dentist as soon as possible to have the actual problem addressed.
When you have a broken, loose or painful tooth, it is best to seek the care of a dentist who offers emergency dentistry. We are equipped with both the technology and expertise to treat dental emergencies efficiently and properly.
Tooth pain can indicate a serious problem that, if left untreated, can lead to significant complications. It is imperative that such pain be addressed adequately as soon as possible, not only for your comfort but also for your overall health.
Urgent Dental Care in New Braunfels
Not every dental office makes accommodations for emergency dental patients. At Sapphire Creek Dental, we understand the need for emergency dental care and do our best to ensure that patients needing such care can receive it. Dental emergencies can be traumatic and frightening for patients experiencing them. We consider this when addressing your emergency situation.
When you call to schedule your emergency appointment with us, be prepared to tell us the exact nature of the emergency. If appropriate, we will explain what you need to do until your appointment. All dental emergencies are important and need to be addressed as soon as possible; however, some are more serious than others and require immediate attention. Common dental emergencies include:
- Lost filling – Old metal fillings can become loose and fall out. This usually happens when chewing sticky substances like gum, caramel or other sticky foods. Replacing the filling as soon as possible is essential to prevent decay from causing further damage to the tooth.
- Broken or damaged tooth – Whether through trauma or chewing on hard foods or objects, a damaged tooth needs to be repaired promptly.
- Loose crown – Sometimes, a crown can become loose or dislodged completely. If it is not swallowed, bring it to your appointment for a cleaning and reseating.
- Toothache – Tooth pain can range from annoying to excruciating. If swelling is present, it is critical to be seen right away.
- Trauma – With proper attention, it may be possible to save a tooth that has been knocked out. Make sure not to touch the root of the tooth. Rinse it with warm water and place it in a small container with saltwater or milk and bring it with you to your appointment.
We will do our best to address your dental emergency as soon as possible. Our team at Sapphire Creek Dental leaves space in our schedule to welcome patients with urgent dental issues. There are times when you need to see a dentist the same day to address a damaged tooth or evaluate a severe toothache. While we cannot guarantee we can always see every patient with urgent care needs the same day, we always do our best to accommodate patients with a dental emergency. Just call our office in New Braunfels, TX, if you or a family member needs emergency dentistry. We will schedule a prompt appointment and ensure you get the dental care you require quickly.
When you need emergency dentistry, contact Sapphire Creek Dental right away. We welcome new and existing patients that require urgent dental care at our practice in New Braunfels. Our office accepts many types of dental insurance, and we have financing options to help with unexpected dental costs.